Thursday, September 05, 2013

This, That and the Other. (Alternately Titled: How in the HECK is it September 5th?!)

Seriously. 
How is it possible that the month of August flew right past without me even realizing it was gone? I know, I know - it was the end of summer and back to school and so much more. But still...you'd have thought I would have managed something. But sadly you'd have been wrong! I'll say it again - I'll try and be better! 

So l
et's get back in the swing of things here! I have tons of new information to share - super exciting stuff is happening - and I hope you'll stick around and follow along!

First up is PAGEMAPS news! My dear friend Becky has completely redesigned her site and it is AH-MAY-ZING!! Read below to see what she has to say about it....


Hey my fellow sketch fans, have you been over to PageMaps lately? It's the beginning of the month and we all know what that means—new sketches (and card sketches, too)! But this month there's even more. A fresh, new look and loads of wonderful changes have taken place behind the scenes over the past month, and we can't wait for you to check them out. From "click to enlarge" artwork to the new PageMaps U education program, I invite you to stop by PageMaps and check them out!http://www.pagemaps.com/


This was my layout for this month's newsletter which you can download for yourself here: PageMaps September newsletter

On a small side note - Can you believe my boy is old enough to get braces? It really changes his look! You can't tell but he's sporting yellow and navy bracket bands - school colors, of course - so he's got it going on ;) Braces have come a long way since I had them when I was his age. I really loved the look of the BasicGrey Clippings paper at the bottom. I wanted something that "felt" like braces without being too literal. I think that stitching did the trick!

Supplies: Teresa Collins, BasicGrey, My Mind's Eye, Scenic Route PP; BasicGrey alpha stickers; My Mind's Eye phrase stickers; American Crafts Thickers; PageMaps for Spellbinders die; Fiskars star punches Marvy Uchida circle punches; Basic Grey enamel dots; Pentel & Sharpie pens/markers; Xyron adhesive.

And now a couple things from my amazing friends at Scrapbook & Cards Today:
Just CHECK OUT THIS COVER (yes, I'm yelling!) of their upcoming Fall issue! Isn't it amazing? I'm in love with those reds and browns. And if you think the cover is spectacular, just wait until you see all that is included inside - especially the 8-page ADDITION!! Yes, that's right. EVEN MORE to love. And did I mention this magazine is free? Oh, yeah, baby - FREE! It will be available in stores and for download September 20th! (That's like only 2 weeks away!)


And then there's this.
It's the new 2014 Scrapbook & Cards Today/PageMaps annual calendar! I didn't think it could get any better than it has been, but darn if it hasn't! New for 2014 is the planner format with plenty of room for recording those moments you don't want to forget. I promise this will be your constant companion and it is going to be just chock FULL of fabulous inspiration! It will be available for pre-order at the Scrapbook & Cards website starting OCTOBER 20th!


I think that's going to do it for me for today, but I still have so much I'm dying to share. This week also will feature my first post as a new AC design team member - it'll be BLOG HOP TIME! - as well as my monthly (a bit late ;)) Old New Borrowed Cool! I hope you'll check back often!

xo, 
k.

No comments: